Monday 19 January 2015

My Experience with RSS Feeds

This week we were introduced to a new tool called Feedly. But what is Feedly exactly? Feedly is a tool that allows you to manage information from multiple web browsers. It sums up a number of articles based on interests, and websites that you enjoy. Feedly is definitely a useful tool as it saves you time from looking up information- all the articles and websites of personal interest are located in one spot. 

This tool reminded me of Twitter as it provides you updates on all on one application. Twitter provides you brief status updates based on the people you follow. Feedly, on the other hand, provides you content that is website based on one application. 



On my Feedly, I found a blog called Get Rich Slowly that really intrigued me. As a fourth year student, ready to graduate in a couple months, looking for a job is constantly on my mind. This blogpost that was on my Feedly talks about how your media presence can affect your chances when job hunting. As this course is widely based on our digital footprint, it explains how to leave a positive digital footprint so that your chances of scoring an amazing job are greater. This blogpost can be found here: 

How to curate your social media presence when job-hunting


Heidi 

No comments:

Post a Comment